Thursday, March 31, 2011

Making More Friends Along the Way

When I started out in the spanking world not so long ago, I was fearful of ending up on the 6 o'clock news, naive about people's intentions, way too trusting in some instances, not trusting enough in others, not sure of what was expected of me OR the top, thought other's experiences were the example of how mine should be, the whole gamut of newbie fears, frustrations and learning curves.  I've made mistakes and had successes along the way and am more than willing to share both with whomever asks.  But mostly, all my experiences have been good ones.

One a side note, Sarah Thorne has a great post on "Safety in The Scene".  You can find that link Here .

Surprisingly (to me), I have ended up making some of my best friends with people who are spankos.  It is nice to relax, put the wall down that hides this kink, and just be friends.  If the spanking side comes out, wooo hooo.  If not, I really enjoy their company otherwise.  I cannot imagine my life without spanking friends anymore.  For me, it's about making lasting friendships first and spanking second.  I think I'm better equipped now to bring the backbone I have in my personal life into my spanking life.

Here's to all my spanko friends in PA, NC, MI, FL, KY, SC, AL, NJ, NY and anywhere else I missed.  I'm looking forward to more years of friendship and making more friends along the way.

7 comments:

  1. I love the friendships where I can be my whole self!

    I hope you have a great year of new friendships, too! :)

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to BBW!!!! You better not hide in my shower or under my bed stalker! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah.

    @Kat: Just where WOULD you have me hide to stalk then? The shower and under the bed are my favorite places :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hide behind the drapes. No one ever looks there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duhhhh. Great idea, Iggy! I'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just make sure your toes don't stick out from underneath!!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ sarah: WHAT??? and not show off my freshly painted-in-BRIGHT-pink toegernails?

    ReplyDelete