Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Long Distance Mentoring


I've had a couple of brief long distance mentors. The first friend caught the brunt of my injury which is now largely resolved, minus the spinal cord injury... plus he unknowingly saved my life by his scoldings, chat lines, and encouragement. I was in a situation long after this, where I had the choice to do what we had worked on - or not. I did it (and have always done it since we worked together), and had I not, I most likely would have been killed or seriously maimed. I only got the chance recently to thank him.

The second friend worked with me for a bit and then had to quit because of needing to spend attention to other things in his life. It was this mentor who helped me get focused on what I needed to do to turn my life around. I will always be grateful for his wisdom and encouragement...and even his quite painful interventions. I am still working on implementing some of the things we worked on.

One friend did put me in the corner once, said he'd try to do it once a week, to help keep me focused. That happened only once. He prefers real life encounters and feels they are more beneficial to both the spankee and himself - and we live quite a distance away from each other. He has spanked me real life several times when I was in his area and has helped keep me on the straight and narrow (or rather return me to the straight and narrow) very effectively.

For the short spurts of LD mentoring I have had, it has helped tremendously. I do have to say that self spanking totally doesn't work for me. I mean, it helps embarrass me and it motives me to do better. But there is no pain like the real thing. I seem to need the real pain and real spanking for it to change my attitude or behavior, if it has finally come down to needing a spanking. But writing chat lines, or being scolded, being put in the corner, being grounded from tv and/or internet, and early bedtimes helps to motivate me to change and toe the line too. LD helps when nothing else is available - but both parties have to be willing to work at it a little - especially when a real spanking just is not feasible.

I think my days of LD mentoring are over, but it certainly was helpful, and I made great strides with some things I really needed to work on and improve.

Has LD mentoring helped anyone else?

3 comments:

  1. We should chat! yes, ld mentoring has helped me, but it was truly only effective with one individual. Unfortunately is career has made him unavailable at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey LR, just dropping by your blog to say hi, hope everythings good with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cowgirl, Thanks for the comment. I hope you can connect to your LD mentor soon.

    Lil Miss Naughty, Thank you for saying hello and dropping by. I am doing great. Life is really busy, but other than that, it is good. Hoping to start reconnecting with all my spanking friends soon. It's been several months. Hope you are doing well too.

    ReplyDelete