Thursday, January 21, 2010

Red Heads Rule

Lately life has been just a little difficult. Sick, winding up in the ER, some friends dying, those kinds of things. I'm a little tired. The tireder I get, the punchier I get.

So, feeling silly, punchy, and incredibly exhausted, I had Mr. Ed's Theme Song rolling around in my head (a horse is a horse, of course, of course) and decided to make up a poem about red-headed spankees sorta/kinda patterned after that song. I'm a red head. More of a blonde-ish red head, but a red head nonetheless.

So here goes:
Framed after Mr. Ed's song, A Horse is Horse of Course of Course - NOT singable,
with LOTS of liberties taken - of course! (Don't try to sing the song along with the poem - it won't work, lol)


A red head is a red head, of course, of course.
We brat and bat eyes which ends in remorse.
Our hair is red, and often our bottoms are too.
A red head is a red head, of course, of course.

There's nothing like a red headed spankee, of course.
No one can talk to a red head, of course.
That is, of course, unless you speak softly and carry a paddle.

Go right to the red head and ask, of course.
We'll always give you an answer you can endorse.
Though feisty and bratty - we're level headed, you know.
Ask the ones who speak softly and carry a paddle.

Some can yikkity yak a streak and waste your time of day,
But those who speak softly and carry a paddle
Don't speak unless they have something to say.
(Of course!)

A red head is a red head, of course, of course.
Sometimes we talk until our voice is hoarse.
You've never heard of a red head who is hoarse?
Talk to the ones who speak softly and carry a paddle.

A red head is a red head, of course, of course.
We brat and bat eyes which ends in remorse.
Our hair is red, and often our bottoms are too.
A red head is a red head, of course, of course!

RED HEADS RULE!!

3 comments:

  1. Thats cute I also am a redhead somewhat I used to have carrot type red when I was in high school so glad it changed LOL. I was born with really white blonde that turned red and is now auburn or blondish red. But I love that poem it is really creative. I hope everything gets better for you and you feel better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known a few redheads. All sweet, lovely, angelic and innocent girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie: once a red head, always a red head. I'm more of a blondish with red tints, but enough that I've been told I'm a red head sometimes. I should have made it more sing songy, but once I got started, it turned into just a poem. Thank you for the well wishes..things are better

    Iggy: I agree. It must be in every red heads' genes - sweet, lovely, angelic, innocent. Gotta love a redhead, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete